Welcome to The Hub Markets
The Hub Markets are organised and operated by the Lions Club of Manning River on the third Saturday of every month at the Taree Showgrounds, corner of Muldoon & Mudford Streets, Taree from 8:00am to 12:00 noon.
All moneys raised from the markets benefit various charities (including Lions Foundations) and the local community.
New stallholders most welcome - see below for further information.
The dates of the 2018 markets are:
- 20th January 2018
- 17th February 2018
- 17th March 2018
- 21st April 2018
- 19th May 2018
- 16th June 2018
- 21st July 2018
- 18th August 2018
- 15th September 2018
- 20th October 2018
- 17th November 2018
- 15th December 2018
3 Easy Ways to book a stall at The Hub Markets
- Download the Stallholder Application Form (click here), complete and email to us.
- Phone 0429 192 149 - The Hub Markets Co-ordinator can take the booking over the phone or arrange to email you an application form; or
- Email email@example.com
Information for New Stallholders
To download a PDF copy of the Information for New Stallholders please click here.
If you are intending to operate a stall at The Hub Markets you must book in advance with the Co-ordinator. See information box on how to book a site. If you are not a regular stallholder you must see the Co-ordinator at the Red Administration Marquee adjacent to the entrance of the market area to be shown to your site. Allocation of sites can vary from month to month depending on availability. We attempt to ensure that regular stallholders are allocated the same site each month.
There are a range of sites available at the markets—undercover and outdoor. Some sites have access to electricity and water. Sites are allocated to regular stallholders first. Casual stallholders are allocated sites subject to availability although we attempt to meet your requirements.
The gates to the Taree Showgrounds are open from 5:30am on the day of the markets. Stallholders may commence setting up any time after that. You should be ready for trading by 8:00am. No vehicles may be moved within the market area between 8:00am and 12:00 noon (when the market is operating).
Site fees start from $25.00. Site fees are payable on the day. The Hub Markets Coordinator will collect fees during the course of the morning.
All stallholders are required to have a current Public Liability Insurance policy. If you have a current policy you will need to provide us with a copy of the Certificate of Currency when you first attend (and subsequently when the policy is renewed).
If you do not have public liability insurance the Lions Club of Manning River Inc maintains a General Liability Insurance policy for authorised stallholders. In order to be covered under this policy you must apply (Stallholder Application Form), be approved and pay a fee of $10.00. This fee is in addition to the site fee. If you wish to be covered under this policy you must agree to its terms and conditions. The terms include an excess of $1,000 for each and every claim. Specific exclusions also apply — these are included on the application form.
The Lions Club of Manning River Inc has prepared guidelines for the smooth operation of the Hub Markets.
Guidelines for the Smooth Operation of The Hub Markets
- Fees are negotiated at time of booking.
- The Hub Markets will be held regardless of the weather. In impossible situations (e.g. flood) cancellations will be advised over Radio 2RE and ABC. Ring the contact number if in doubt.
- Unload from roadways or designated areas without delay and remove your vehicle to the parking area. All vehicles must be removed before 8am from the main area and returned to car park. If your stall requires your vehicle please keep your vehicle close behind your stall area.
- It is important to respect the safety of others and with this in mind please ensure that nothing is left around your stall that could be a hazard to others. Tents and covers must be secure at all times. Tent pegs and ropes must not extend into pathways.
- It is the responsibility of the stallholder to trade in accordance with Market, State and Local regulations.
- Loud product promotion by stallholders is not permitted.
- Please leave your site clean and tidy. Keep it tidy and attractive throughout the day. Domestic waste IS TO BE PLACED IN THE SHOWGROUND BINS. Take boxes and packing away with you.
- The right is reserved to refuse participation or to request departure of any stallholder at any time without disclosing the reason.
- By your attendance as a stallholder you agree to comply with these Guidelines and any directions issued by the organisers.
Last updated:19th February 2018